It was decided to structure the pamphlet around a series of 20 questions.
Please suggest responses to the following questions, supported by whatever facts, figures, graphs, data that you have and we will compose them into short paragraphs.
It would also be great to have images illustrating the arguments. Please send any images to email@example.com.
I have slightly amended the original questions and removed one. Please feel free to suggest more amendments too.
I will also be working the Arts Against Cuts network and forum on this.
But Free School are taking executive responsibilities on this.
Here are the questions:
1. Does a household have to balance its books?
2. How much debt will an average student be in under the new fees regime?
3. How much would they have paid 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago etc? (a graph would be great).
4. What happens between the funding cuts and fee increase phases?
5. What is the deficit really?
6. Why aren’t the bankers in jail?
7. How many nurses do we get for one banker? (equivalent salary ratios)
8. How much have bankers cost the country?
9. How much have nurses cost the country?
10. What effective direct action can be taken against the bankers?
11. What would happen if the robber bankers left the country?
12. Why should the people be punished by the economy?
13. What are our real debts?
14. Why is the violence of capitalism being masked?
15. Is it wrong to be angry about all this?
16. Who runs the state?
17. Who’s getting cut?
18. Why is there hostility to the students?
19. Is this a class war?
20. How does Britain compare with other countries in terms of debt, wealth and education?